Job Description: Project Manager
Education: Minimum 5-year degree in Architecture from an accredited NAAB program
Experience: 10+ years full time
Registrations/Certifications: Registered Architect
Essential Function: Primary point of contact for Clients. Manage project resources (both internal and external), budget, and schedule. Coordinate design and production of documents during each design phase of assigned projects.
Reports to: Director of Architecture
Supervises: Project Architects/Designers
- – Represents the firm to Clients of assigned projects
- – Directs assigned resources to execute projects
- – Administrates Owner-Architect and Architect-Consultant Agreements
- – Reports to Director on staff progress regarding performance.
- – Reports to Director on assigned project status
- – Trains and mentors junior staff
- – Any authority delegated by immediate supervisor
- – Production of project deliverables on specific projects.
- – Design and detailing for specific assigned projects
- – Specification writing for specific assigned projects
- – Construction Administration for specific assigned projects
- – Mentoring of junior staff
- – Maintain relationships with Clients, Subconsultants, Contractors, and other internal staff members.
- – Coordination of design and documentation with subconsultants and internal staff members
- – Communicate regularly with the Director regarding status of assigned projects throughout design, bidding, permitting, and construction.
- – Building and zoning code analysis/review
- – Assist in the creation of various Facility Assessment Reports and/or Detailed Design Memorandums
- – Assist the director in development of project proposals, agreements, presentations, schedules, and budgets
- – Communicate Client/project requirements with all effected project teams
- – Other responsibilities as may be assigned by direct supervisor
- – Technical skills including creating architectural design, details, and documents
- – Proficient user of Autocad software, minimum
- – Revit experience
- – Proficient user of Microsoft Office software suite
- – Communication and interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal skills
- – Problem-solving skills
- – Organizational and administrative skills
- – Physically capable of performing job activities including sitting, standing, climbing ladders, stairs, and lifts.
- – Travel as required by specific projects
- – Provides clear direction and feedback to internal and external project team members
- – Promptly identifies and communicates project issues to the Director or Project Manager
- – Prepares written correspondence to clients and other organizations as appropriate
- – Participates and/or conducts Client Interviews, internal departmental meetings, and various project meetings with subconsultants and/or contractors
- – Receptive to constructive feedback and provides input on other group activities
- – Coordinates all report compilation with group support staff
- – Coordinates needs with and from other departments in a timely manner
- – Manages project budget status, effort vs. budgeted hours and dollars
- – Manages project schedule relative to earned value
- – Manages performance of work outside of original project scope with Client
- – Reviews and approves invoices to Clients and invoices received from subconsultants