Dynotec, Inc. seeks an experienced Bridge Engineer (ODOT Level 2 qualified) to oversee and manage our Bridge and Structural Design Group. Roles will include management of bridge/structure design projects, marketing our firm’s structural and bridge design capabilities, providing mentorship to younger bridge engineers and other associated roles. The Bridge Department Manager will be responsible for leading the structural design process for new construction and renovation projects. This individual will have experience in field investigation, preparing structural calculations, design reports, construction drawings and specifications for City, State, and federal government projects. He or she should possess an excellent working relationship with multi-disciplinary teams to design and deliver quality products to our clients.
- Prepare construction drawings utilizing Revit and AutoCAD
- Work closely in project teams and assist where needed to complete projects on aggressive schedules
- Actively seeks new knowledge related to structural engineering practices, principles, and regulation changes
- Performs structural design and analysis for various structural materials, including steel, concrete, and concrete masonry
- Develops, modifies, and reviews models, plans, details and drawings of structural engineering systems and components according to established standards and modeling techniques
- Utilizes knowledge and experience in applying modeling principles for complete and accurate drawings
- Must be ODOT Level 2 Bridge Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer License required
- 4+ years of related work experience managing multiple projects that include at least one of the following software systems: Revit, AutoCAD, RISA 3D, Floor and Foundation
- Experience working with a variety of structural materials and systems
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong technical proficiency required, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
- Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives
About the Company
Dynotec, Inc. is an architectural and engineering company headquartered in Columbus with offices in Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh. Founded in 1991, the company has grown to become one of the most successful and established SBE/MBE/DBE/EDGE firms in the region. Our core services include architectural, structural, transportation and roadway design, water/wastewater engineering, construction management and inspection, and surveying.
Each of these areas is staffed with highly qualified engineering professionals, inspectors, and technical support staff. Also, our company has been very intentional in creating an atmosphere of “Diversity of Experience.” This means that, not only do we have the good fortune of having numerous senior-level discipline experts and leaders, but we also have built a roster inclusive of mid-level and junior-level talent. With this combination of expertise and leadership, along with forward-thinking, innovative, and developing talent … Dynotec has positioned itself for continued development and sustainable growth for the next decade and beyond.
With this level of expertise and diversity of experience – along with our demonstrated and rigorous QA/QC procedures – we can design and manage various types of projects from inception to completion based on our client’s needs. Always focused on Quality, Responsiveness, and Delivery, Dynotec approaches every project with time and budget constraints as a top priority. In this way, we serve our clients and teaming partners consistently with integrity, innovation, and proven results.
Salary and Benefits
Dynotec offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a retirement plan, paid vacation, and health insurance. We take great pride in our employees by providing an environment that fosters professional development and a healthy work/life balance.