Dynotec is seeking a Construction Manager with demonstrated experience in managing construction for water and wastewater facilities, utility construction, and transportation projects. This individual will be based in Columbus, OH, and will report directly to the Department Manager. Candidates shall have a B.S. in Engineering or Construction Management and be a licensed Professional Engineer or Certified Construction Manager (CCM); preference will be given to those candidates with a PE. The selected candidate may manage multiple construction projects and oversee field engineers and on-site construction inspectors in the areas of water, wastewater, transportation, utilities, and general civil construction. Candidate should be familiar with the City of Columbus standards, ODOT Construction Materials & Specifications, and Preparation of Project Bill of Material (PBOM). Preference will be given to those candidates with experience in the construction of water/wastewater facilities, installation of utilities, and roadway/bridge construction. The preferred candidate should be aggressive and have the experience and skills necessary to manage client relationships and interactions.
- Manage the overall construction on behalf of the owner as Owner’s Representative
- Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contract) on multiple assignments
- Oversee the activities of contractors and subcontractors
- Resolves complex construction-related issues, disputes, and disagreements
- Build and maintain relationships among project owners and partnering firms
- Analyze and understand contract documents including plans and specifications
- Assist in the administration of project processes including submittals, RFIs, pay applications, and change management
- Excellent communication skills
- Travel between multiple construction sites may be required.
Required Qualifications / Skills
- B.S. Engineering or Construction Management; PE preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing inspectors, as well as leading major building construction projects
- Previous CM experience in water/wastewater, utilities, transportation building construction and related disciplines
Compensation and benefits structure will be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.