About the Company
Dynotec, Inc. is an architectural and engineering company headquartered in Columbus with offices in Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. Founded in 1990, the company has grown to become one of the most successful and established SBE/MBE/DBE/EDGE firms in the region. Our core services include architectural, structural, transportation, and roadway design, water/wastewater engineering, construction management and inspection, and surveying. Our markets include federal/military, airports, highway and turnpike agencies, parks and recreation, natural resources, rehabilitation and corrections, facilities and vertical construction, health care, K-12, universities, municipal public works and public utilities departments, and more. Dynotec, Inc. designs and manages projects from inception to completion based on our client’s needs. We serve our clients and teaming partners consistently with integrity, innovation, and proven results.
About the Position
Dynotec is seeking an experienced, Construction Manager with experience in managing construction for water and wastewater facilities and utility construction. This individual will be based in Columbus, OH, and will report directly to the Department Manager. Candidates shall have a B.S. in Engineering or Construction Management and be a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or Certified Construction Manager (CCM). The selected candidate may manage multiple construction projects and oversee field engineers and on-site construction inspectors in the areas of water, wastewater, utilities, and general civil construction. The preferred candidate should be aggressive and have the experience and skills necessary to manage client relationships and interactions.
- Manage the overall construction on behalf of the owner as Owner’s Representative.
- Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contract) on multiple assignments.
- Oversee the activities of contractors and subcontractors.
- Resolves complex construction-related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
- Build and maintain relationships among project owners and partnering firms.
- Analyze and understand contract documents including plans and specifications.
- Assist in the administration of project processes including submittals, RFIs, pay applications, and change management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Travel between multiple construction sites may be required.
- B.S. Engineering or Construction Management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Previous CM experience in water/wastewater, utilities, building construction, and related disciplines.