Do these letters and numbers resonate with you: RFP, SF330, RFQ, SOQ?
- Do you regularly “scrub a template” then ensure your submittal is truly at 95% before sending out for a final internal review?
- Do you routinely send out “Go/No-Go” forms and prepare “Pursuit Management Plans?”
- Can you spot a misplaced comma, an errant double-space or continuity errors with type/fonts?
Dynotec, Inc is seeking a candidate with experience in marketing and managing the proposal process for an established A/E/C firm in response to RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, from state and local agencies, as well as the Federal/DoD market sector. Intimate knowledge and a deep understanding of various types of proposals – inclusive of Federal SF330 format, State SF330, ODOT programmatics, Central Ohio Transit Authority, Columbus Regional Airport Authority, and other county and municipal standard-format proposals – is REQUIRED.
The Marketing/Proposal Manager will play a key role in the creation of compelling, best-in-class business proposals and visual presentations … this shall encompass resumes, project sheets, and technical approach sections that are each tailored to the specific solicitation, the client’s needs, and the scope of work. The Marketing/Proposal Manager will also assist the Marketing Department leader in guiding the Project Managers and other department leaders throughout the proposal process, from the Go/No-Go process to establishing the Pursuit Management Plan and on to the collection of materials, narrative, and graphics … always ensuring adherence to the schedule and always maintaining the Blue/Red/Gold Review process. This candidate will have excellent communication, time management, organization, editing, and graphic design skills, including advanced working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- The Marketing/Proposal Manager will lead and/or support all phases of development of strategic client-focused proposals, including Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Qualifications (RFQ), Request for Information (RFI), and Statements of Qualifications (SOQ).
- This individual will collaborate with internal groups, such as engineers, marketing, and other proposal development staff as necessary to complete proposals and develop custom materials for business development opportunities, presentations, technical reports, and other activities.
- Lead or participate in proposal kickoff and strategy meetings, as well as Blue/Red/Gold reviews to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Setup and manage company booth for technical conferences.
- As Marketing/Proposal Manager, you will excel in the areas of technical and creative writing, proof-reading, grammar, and storytelling.
- Reviews, organizes, and edits written documentation to improve clarity.
- Provides final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Verifies complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable, and compelling.
- Participates in strategic planning that includes evaluating marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns, and key issues, and developing win strategies.
- Understand social media for business, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Participate in business development meetings and in the proposal/pursuit management process for a variety of clients.
- Support all marketing efforts as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, public administration, business, journalism, engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of related experience in a consulting field and/or working knowledge of architecture, engineering, or construction industry.
- Experience managing large pursuits in the engineering consulting or other highly technical field, preferable in the water/wastewater consulting industry.
- Experience in understanding technical requirements of Architectural and Engineering proposal requests.
- Experience in preparing SF330 submittal materials for federal and state proposals.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Strong understanding of marketing principles within the A/E/C Industry.
- Team player with the ability to work well with all types and levels of professionals.
- Self-motivated, and ability to think creatively and use all available resources to solve problems, meet deadlines, and use time effectively to handle multiple, concurrent pursuits.
Dynotec, Inc. is an architectural and engineering company headquartered in Columbus with offices in Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh. Founded in 1991, the company has grown to become one of the most successful and established SBE/MBE/DBE/EDGE firms in the region. Our core services include architectural, structural, transportation and roadway design, water resources engineering and civil/site design, construction management and inspection, and surveying.
Each of these areas is staffed with highly qualified engineering professionals, inspectors, and technical support staff. Also, our company has been very intentional in creating an atmosphere of “Diversity of Experience.” This means that, not only do we have the good fortune of having numerous senior-level discipline experts and leaders, but we also have built a roster inclusive of mid-level and junior-level talent. With this combination of expertise and leadership, along with forward-thinking, innovative, and developing talent … Dynotec has positioned itself for continued development and sustainable growth for the next decade and beyond.
With this level of expertise and diversity of experience – along with our demonstrated and rigorous QA/QC procedures – we can design and manage various types of projects from inception to completion based on our client’s needs. Always focused on Quality, Responsiveness, and Delivery, Dynotec approaches every project with time and budget constraints as a top priority. In this way, we serve our clients and teaming partners consistently with integrity, innovation, and proven results.
*Dynotec is an equal opportunity employer.
*Salary and Benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.