About the Company
Dynotec, Inc. is an architectural and engineering company headquartered in Columbus with offices in Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. Founded in 1990, the company has grown to become one of the most successful and established SBE/MBE/DBE/EDGE firms in the region. Our core services include architectural, structural, transportation, and roadway design, water/wastewater engineering, construction management and inspection, and surveying. Our markets include federal/military, airports, highway and turnpike agencies, transit authorities, parks and recreation, natural resources, rehabilitation and corrections, facilities and vertical construction, health care, K-12, universities, municipal public works, and public utilities departments, and more. Dynotec, Inc. designs and manages projects from inception to completion based on our client’s needs. We serve our clients and teaming partners consistently with integrity, innovation, and proven results.
About the Position
Dynotec, Inc is seeking a candidate with experience in marketing and managing the proposal process in response to RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, and solicitations from Federal and State SF330 submissions to county and municipal responses. The Proposal Manager will play a key role in the creation of compelling, best-in-class business proposals and visual presentations … this shall encompass resumes, project sheets, and technical approach sections that are each tailored to the specific solicitation, the client’s needs, and the scope of work. The Proposal Manager will also assist the Marketing Department leader in guiding the Project Managers and other department leaders throughout the proposal process, from the Go/No-Go process to establishing the Pursuit Management Plan and on to the collection of materials, narrative, and graphics … always ensuring adherence to the schedule and always maintaining the Blue/Red/Gold Review process. This candidate will have excellent communication, time management, organization, editing, and graphic design skills, including advanced working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- The Proposal Manager will lead and/or support all phases of development of strategic client-focused proposals, including Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Qualifications (RFQ), Request for Information (RFI), and Statements of Qualifications (SOQ).
- This individual will collaborate with internal groups, such as engineers, marketing, and other proposal development staff as necessary to complete proposals and develop custom materials for business development opportunities, presentations, technical reports, and other activities.
- Lead or participate in proposal kickoff and strategy meetings, as well as Blue/Red/Gold reviews to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Setup and manage company booth for technical conferences.
- As Proposal Manager, you will excel in the areas of technical and creative writing, proof-reading, grammar, and storytelling.
- Reviews, organizes, and edits written documentation to improve clarity.
- Provides final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Verifies complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable and compelling.
- Participates in strategic planning that includes evaluating marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns, and key issues, and developing win strategies.
- Understand social media for business, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Participate in business development meetings and in the management of the ODOT programmatic pursuit process.
- Support all marketing efforts as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, public administration, business, journalism, engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of related experience in a consulting field and/or working knowledge of architecture, engineering, or construction industry.
- Experience managing large pursuits in engineering consulting or other highly technical fields, preferable in the water/wastewater consulting industry.
- Experience in understanding technical requirements of Architectural and Engineering proposal requests.
- Experience in preparing SF330 submittal materials for federal and state proposals.
- Strong Computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Strong understanding of marketing principles within the A/E/C Industry.
- Team player with the ability to work well with all types and levels of professionals.
- Self-motivated, and ability to think creatively and use all available resources to solve problems and finish scope of work on-time.
Salary and Benefits
Dynotec offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a retirement plan, paid vacation, and health insurance. We take great pride in our employees by providing an environment that fosters professional development and a healthy work/life balance.