Dynotec, Inc. is seeking a Full–Time Municipal Construction Inspector with 2+ years of experience to join our Construction Management and Inspection Division in our Pittsburgh, PA Office.
The ideal candidate will have experience in municipal construction including water/wastewater treatment facilities, tunnels, sanitary and storm sewer line construction and/or land development, grading, municipal water and sewer operations and maintenance. The candidate should have a college degree and be comfortable working independently performing construction oversight and inspection, overseeing, and performing quality assurance/quality control testing and report documentation (i.e., daily reports, photo documentation, etc.) and communicate with the Contractor, Owner or public.
- Utilize testing procedures, inspection protocols, construction techniques and perform QA on behalf of our clients.
- Observe and inspect construction work performed by others.
- Verify that all work is installed per contract requirements.
- Prepare inspectors’ daily reports and other project related reports, as-built etc.
- Review preliminary and final contractors’ monthly partial payment requests.
- Review and understand the contract drawings and specifications, RFIs, testing procedures etc.
- Assist in preparing field change orders, or directives.
- Monitor Record Drawings and assemble closeout documentation.
- Track and verify quantities.
- Experience with Municipal Water/Wastewater treatment facilities, Storm/Sewer pipeline construction, operations and/or maintenance, land development, roadways, parks, and other infrastructure construction, etc.
- Comfortable working with and referring to construction contract documents (i.e., Drawings and Specifications).
- Experience performing construction inspection on Municipal projects.
- Overtime may also be required.
- 4+ years of construction inspection experience
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, or Construction Engineering Technology
- Confined Space Certification
- OSHA 10 Hour certification
About the Company:
- Dynotec, Inc. is a full-service AE firm headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. Founded in 1991, our core services have expanded to encompass architectural, structural, water/storm/sewer design engineering, bridge/roadway design engineering, surveying, and construction management/inspection. Our proven experience and demonstrated QA/QC procedures combine for quality services and deliverables, and, for every project, time and budget constraints are given top priority. In this way, we serve our clients and teaming partners consistently with dedication, innovation, and integrity.