About the Company
Dynotec, Inc. is an architectural and engineering company headquartered in Columbus with offices in Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. Founded in 1990, the company has grown to become one of the most successful and established SBE/MBE/DBE/EDGE firms in the region. Our core services include architectural, structural, transportation and roadway design, water/wastewater engineering, construction management and inspection, and surveying. Our markets include federal/military, airports, highway and turnpike agencies, parks and recreation, natural resources, rehabilitation and corrections, facilities and vertical construction, health care, K-12, universities, municipal public works and public utilities departments, and more. Dynotec, Inc. designs and manages projects from inception to completion based on our client’s needs. We serve our clients and teaming partners consistently with integrity, innovation, and proven results.
About the Position
Dynotec, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Survey Crew Chief to join our existing Survey Department based in Columbus, Ohio. The Survey Crew Chief will oversee daily field activates as directed by the Survey Manager.
- Manage a two or more-person survey crew to complete field survey tasks as required
- Follow required safety standards and guidelines set by the company and clients
- Working knowledge of conventional, robotic, and GPS related surveying equipment
- Capable of directing and mentoring crew members and client interaction
- Maintain survey equipment in operational condition and applicable calibration checks
- Capable of performing basic calculations utilizing calculator or supplied data collectors
- Working knowledge of uploading and downloading digital files with computer
- Willingness to travel and extended overnight stays required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ability to review and understand civil construction and architectural plans and specifications
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Effective communication, written, and verbal skills
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- Experience with civil engineering software including MicroStation and Civil 3D is a plus
- Surveyor Intern is a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of surveying experience performing topographic, boundary, construction stakeout, and mapping surveys
- Survey Crew Chief and/or Surveying experience is highly desired
Salary and Benefits
Dynotec offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a retirement plan, paid vacation, and health insurance. We take great pride in our employees by providing an environment that fosters professional development and a healthy work/life balance.