Dynotec seeks a motivated Water Resources Engineer to provide design engineering, technical leadership, and project management. This important position will be responsible for project design and delivery for water/wastewater treatment plants, water distribution systems, sanitary/storm/combined sewer collection systems (including large diameter pipe,) pump stations, lift stations, force mains, interceptors, green infrastructure, and hydraulic evaluation and design. Responsibilities shall include developing design reports, construction documents and specifications, as well as construction oversight and administration. The Water Resources Engineer will be working on prominent potable water distribution and storage, wet weather remediation design, water and wastewater treatment, and pump station projects in the Central Ohio region.
- Assist in project planning and development of scope, schedule, and budget
- Work with Business Development Director on identifying opportunities and prospects, pursuit strategy, proposal development, and marketing activities
- Membership/participation in local, regional, and national water/wastewater organizations
- Serve as subject matter technical expert on specific tasks or projects
- Compile and present results of planning and engineering studies
- Prepare and review interim and completed project reports
- Convey project results and findings by means of oral discussions, presentations and project documentation
- Control project-related expenditures so that project milestones are accomplished within budget
- Lead multidisciplinary project teams including junior to senior-level technical staff, CAD operators/designers, subcontractors, and teaming partners
Qualifications / Skills
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5-8 years of design engineering experience on water and wastewater projects
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Ohio, or the ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months
- Experience in water/wastewater plant process design including pump stations and mechanical components
- Experience in sewer evaluation and design for replacement and rehabilitation, preferably with a basic knowledge of trenchless technologies including; CIPP, slip lining, various tunneling methods, HDD, and large pipe rehabilitation
- Experience developing construction documents, a firm grasp of general heavy construction principles, and experience in construction phase engineering services
- Strong leadership and written/verbal communication skills
- Able to understand project objectives and to arrange workflow and priorities accordingly
- Able to manage multiple complex tasks, project designs and work plans in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills are required. Experience in MS Office including Project is required
- Understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Revit capabilities required
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and local jurisdiction permitting regulations is required
- Working knowledge of MS Access, AutoCAD and ArcGIS.
- Working knowledge of SWMM and water distribution network modeling software.
- Working knowledge of treatment process instrumentation and control preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Dynotec offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a retirement plan, paid vacation, and excellent health insurance. We take great pride in our employees by providing an environment that fosters professional development and a healthy work/life balance.